- Listed benifts of being a member of AfricanJober
- Refine your job search by skill, location, salary, outsource opportunities etc
- Apply & Contact Companies directly on the platform
- Shortlist jobs & Track all your activities in one place
- Start receiving interviews & job offers in minutes
The Company is currently seeking Software Engineer
- Kenya > Nairobi
- Competitive Salary
- Position Type: Experienced (non-manager)
- 0 applicants
- Job Type: Permanent - Full Time Hours
- Job Ref: #AJPqpMsh
- Posted: Mar 17, 2023
- Deadline: Apr 17, 2023
job specialization: IT Services Software / Desktop Software Development
We are looking for a software engineer who can come in and contribute to various projects that the company is currently undertaking. This is a hands-on software development role. It will encompass all aspects of the software development life-cycle working with an engineering team and demands a high understanding of application design and architecture. It is not a ‘fully remote’ role and requires presence in the office for some days of the week.
- Work with the Engineering team in developing the whole suite of products (web, android, sms)
- Participate in the user requirements gathering phase
- Be a major contributor to the Agile Software Methodology & Troubleshoot and debug existing software.
- Participate in migrating some services from a Ruby on Rails backend to a JAVA back end.
- Develop software using our development stack which includes Ruby on Rails, JAVA, Postgresql and use tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Redis, New Relic among others
- a minimum of a University Degree is required
- at least 3 years of working experience
- it helps if applicants lives around Nairobi, and it's environs
- Desktop Software Development
- Product Management
- Mobile Development
- Experience with building JAVA applications a must.
- Understand how our applications (Rails, Android, SMS) operate, are structured, interact with external systems and how our customers use them
- Familiarity with the Amazon Web Services stack (EC2, VPC, OpsWorks, RDS)